Official Game Rules 2023
In the tournament we will follow the official Finnish Basketball Association rules with the following exceptions.
● Playing time: adults, U19-, U16- and U14-13-juniors 2 x 15 minutes active playing time. U12-11 Mini and U10-9 Micro-juniors play 2 x 12 minutes active playing time. In the last two minutes of the game the clock will not stop after a made basket.
● Halftime will last for three minutes.
● One timeout / period. Team fouls will be full after 7 fouls, then starts the free throws from the 8 foul (two free throws).
● In the matches of the preliminary series, overtime is played on the sudden-death principle, so that the game ends when the other team reaches a lead of at least two points in overtime.
- One three-minute overtime is played in playoff matches (i.e. in all matches played after the preliminary rounds). If the situation is still equal after this, a second overtime is played on the sudden-death principle, so that the game ends when the other team reaches a lead of at least two points in overtime.
- During the three-minute overtime, each team has one time-out available.
- Overtime played on the sudden death principle is started with a throw-up.
● U12-11 Mini-juniors and younger have to use man to man defense (no zone defense). Adults, U19-, U16 and U14-13-juniors are allowed to use any kind of defense (man to man or zone defense).
● If a team is late by more than 5 minutes from a game, the other team is announced to win the game 0-20. The teams must prepare to warm up outside of the court.
● if the other team is leading by over 30 points it is advised not to continue full court defense.
● The away team must switch the game jersey color, if both teams have the same color.
● U12 (2011) competition and challenger and U11 (2012) competition will play in the regular baskets (305 cm)
● U11 challenger (2012), U10-9 and younger play to small baskets (260 cm)
!!! One player can only play in one team in one age group in the tournament.
Protest is directed against the validity of the result of the match.
Protest has to be based on whether the player has the right to participate or not, or on serious violation of the rules by the referee or on some other incident that affected the result of the match. Protest, which is not fixed in the game protocol will not be further discussed.
Protest must be submitted in writing by a team representative (a person who has been designated on the registration form as team leader) no later than 15 minutes after the end of the protested match.
Protest has to be submitted to the organizing office.
All protests which are reported against irregular activity have to be consulted with the game referee before he leaves the field.
A general protest against the whole opposing team is not acceptable. Protests can not be submitted against the fast decisions that the referee makes.
Protest processing fee is 50 EUR. This amount will be refunded if the protest is successful. The jury’s final decision can not be appealed.
Size of game ball:
● U12-11 juniors and youger; number 5
● U19-U15 Girls, women and U13-14-junior boys and girls number 6
● U15-junior boys and older number 7.
3-point line is used in U13-juniors and older.
Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field. The Easter Tournament does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property. Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Finland must have personal medical insurance.
In the event that the tournament can’t be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the tournament organizers (force majore) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence or the tournament organizers, the tournament organizers cannot be held liable by the delegations for any damages, costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, costs for additional orders, financial losses etc. Under these circumstances, the tournament organizers reserve the right to either retain the entire registration and accommodation fee and to use it for a future tournament, or to reimburse the delegations after deducting costs already incurred for the organization of the tournament and which could not be recovered from third parties. Easter Tournament is in no way responsible for injury or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.