Official Game Rules 2022
In the tournament we will follow the official Finnish Basketball Association rules with the following exceptions.
● Playing time: adults, U19-, U16- and U14-13-juniors 2 x 20 minutes running time. U12-11 Mini and U10-9 Micro-juniors play 2 x 15 minutes running time. In the last three minutes of the second half the clock will stop.
● Halftime will last for three minutes. Overtime is 3 minutes and if there is a tie game after the first overtime, the second overtime will be sudden death.
● One timeout / period. Team fouls will be full after 5 fouls, then starts the free throws.
● U12-11 Mini-juniors and younger have to use man to man defense (no zone defense). Adults, U19-, U16 and U14-13-juniors are allowed to use any kind of defense (man to man or zone defense).
● If a team is late by more than 5 minutes from a game, the other team is announced to win the game 0-20. The teams must prepare to warm up outside of the court.
● if the other team is leading by over 30 points it is advised not to continue full court defense.
● The away team must switch the game jersey color, if both teams have the same color.
● U12 (2008) competition and U11 (2009) competition will play in the regular baskets (305 cm)
● U12-11 challenger (2008-2009), U10-9 challenger and younger play to small baskets (260 cm)
!!! One player can only play in one team in one age group in the tournament.
Protest is directed against the validity of the result of the match.
Protest has to be based on whether the player has the right to participate or not, or on serious violation of the rules by the referee or on some other incident that affected the result of the match. Protest, which is not fixed in the game protocol will not be further discussed.
Protest must be submitted in writing by a team representative (a person who has been designated on the registration form as team leader) no later than 15 minutes after the end of the protested match.
Protest has to be submitted to the organizing office.
All protests which are reported against irregular activity have to be consulted with the game referee before he leaves the field.
A general protest against the whole opposing team is not acceptable. Protests can not be submitted against the fast decisions that the referee makes.
Protest processing fee is 50 EUR. This amount will be refunded if the protest is successful. The jury’s final decision can not be appealed.
Size of game ball:
● U12-11 juniors and youger; number 5
● U19-U15 Girls, women and U13-14-junior boys and girls number 6
● U15-junior boys and older number 7.
3-point line is used in U13-juniors and older.
Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field. The Easter Tournament does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, theft or damage to property. Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Finland must have personal medical insurance.
In the event that the tournament can’t be held or is postponed due to events beyond the control of the tournament organizers (force majore) or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence or the tournament organizers, the tournament organizers cannot be held liable by the delegations for any damages, costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, costs for additional orders, financial losses etc. Under these circumstances, the tournament organizers reserve the right to either retain the entire registration and accommodation fee and to use it for a future tournament, or to reimburse the delegations after deducting costs already incurred for the organization of the tournament and which could not be recovered from third parties. Easter Tournament is in no way responsible for injury or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades or similar events.
WELCOME TO EASTER TOURNAMENT LAHTI 2020!
Tournament Rules 2020
In the tournament we follow the rules and regulations of Finnish Basketball Association within the following exceptions:
● U13-juniors and older 2 x 20 minutes, 5 vs 5.
● U12-11- juniors 2 x 15 min, 5 vs 5.
● U10-9-juniors 2 x 15 min, 4 vs 4.
● U8-7- juniors 2 x 12 min,4 vs 4.
● The last three (3) minutes of the second period, as well as overtime are played with an efficient time.
● Halftime and possible overtime are 3 minutes. If overtime does not bring results, the following overtime will be settled by “sudden-death” (first made basket wins). Possible second overtime period will be started with a jump ball.
● Regulations on player-specific playing time are not valid. The number of the players in the score sheet is not limited.
● One timeout per halftime, additional one on overtime, unused timeouts will not transfer to overtime.
● Team fouls are calculated periodically and are met at the 6th foul. After the 7th foul two free throws are awarded. Team fouls stand on the possible overtime.
● U12-juniors and younger have mandatory man-to-man defense. U13-juniors and up, allow optional defense methods throughout the game.
● The game sheet must be filled 15 min prior to the beginning of the game. If the teams is more than 5min late from the start of the game will be judged to lose the game 20-0. Teams must prepare to warm up outside the gym.
● If you are leading the game by more than 30 points, it is recommended not to continue with full-court press.
● The home-team is obligated to change the color of their jersey if necessary.
A player may play only in one team within an age group during the tournament.
Protests are to be left no later than 15 minutes after the end of the match in question to the person responsible at the gym. A protest payment of 50 euros must be paid at that time, but will be returned if the objection goes through. All protests and objections will be dealt with by the tournament jury. Decision of the jury is final. There will be no rematches. Otherwise the tournament follows the rules and regulations of Finnish Basketball Association.
The teams will be classified in the preliminary group according to the total points gathered. A team is awarded two (2) points for each game won, and zero (0) points for each game lost. If there are two or more teams with equal points, the classification will be based on:
- Result of the game(s) between the teams involved.
- Basket differential of the mutual games.
- Amount of points scored in the mutual games.
- Basket differential of all games in the group phase
- Amount of points scored in the group phase
2012/2013- born do not play a bracket.
Standings will be played as far a long as possible. Series with maximal capacity the standings might be divided with in quarters: for example, final standing can be 9-10.
Height of the basket
● U12-11 competitive and older (305 cm).
● U12-11 challenger (260 cm).
● U10-9 and younger (260 cm).
Game balls are regulated by the Finnish Basketball Association.
● U12-7 size 5.
● Women, U19-U15-girls and U14-13-juniors (girls and boys) size 6.
● Men, U19-15-boys size 7.
Three (3) point shots are valid with U13 juniors and up.
Incase a game has to be moved for force majore -reasons, the tournament organizations will define a new time and place for the game.
All players must have a valid insurance that will cover any damage and/or injuries that may occur during the competition.The tournament organization is not obligated to cover any possible injuries that may occur on or off the court.